Elder Scrolls：Controls (Skyrim)
Controls can be altered in the settings menu. These are the default ones.
XBOX – To assign a Quick Key on the Xbox 360;
- Add the spell or weapon to the favorites menu,
- Open the favorites menu (Using D-Pad U/D)
- Highlight the item to be used on a quick key
- Hold the D-Pad Left or D-Pad Right button until a number appears next to to the item selected (1 and 2 for the respective buttons)
Melee Weapons can’t be dual-wielded using quick keys. Unless it’s a stackable weapon, pressing the quick key a second time will only replace for the previous weapon.
Bows are unsheathed, equipped, and sheathed, unequipped, as other weapons – by pressing the sheath/unsheath button (default, R, on PCs). To remove an arrow from a loaded bow without shooting it, press the sheath/unsheath weapon button. Hold down the right hand button to ready an arrow; how far the arrow will go – how far back the string is drawn – is determined by how long the right mouse-button is held (up to some maximum which appears to be a few seconds holding – this may be dependent on Marksman level). The arrow will be shot at the point in the center of the cross-hair when the r-button is released.
For people that have one, here is a link to the Kinect Voice Commands. Kinect
- On the Xbox and PS3, the camera can be controlled by holding down the right analog stick and moving the left analog stick.
- On PC, the zoom is controlled by the scroll wheel.
- PC version allows for Screenshots of the game; the Print Screen key is usually found on the top right hand section of the keyboard. (If you are a Mac user, instead press: Apple key ⌘ + Shift + 3 then release. This tool gives you a screenshot of Skyrim). The files are labeled Screenshot#.bmp, and written in a deeply buried subdirectory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\skyrim, for example. Using a Find tool for Screenshot*.* can help locate the files. Any simple graphics program, such as Paint, can then be used to edit and save as PNG files for common usage – as, for instance, writing and editing in this wiki. PS3 and Xbox 360 players can’t take screenshots without a capture card.
- PC An easier method is to use the Ctrl + Print Screen command to create a Screenshot on the “Clipboard” which can then be pasted into any program using the Ctrl + V (paste) command.
- PC version has built in Xbox 360 controller support, allowing for those with the Xbox 360 Common Controller to seamlessly transition between Mouse and Keyboard and a Controller.